What you'll need to get started:
- Your sewing box: pins, thread, scissors
- Bias tape: double or single fold
- Pinking shears
- Oil cloth or other fabric that doesn't fray. The beautiful gingham, hibiscus, and cherry prints featured can be purchased in store for only $9.99/yd. Not in CVille? Give us a call and we will ship it to you!
- Pattern (Click Here to Download Pattern)
- Print out and cut bunting pattern piece
- Pin bunting pattern piece onto the oilcloth. We like to double the fabric that way there are multiple pieces cut at once.
- With pinking shears, cut the two equal sides of the isosceles triangle. Do not pink the top side, as this is the part of the bunting that is attached to the bias tape.
- Once you have a collection of these cut, organize the pieces into the desired arrangement for your bunting. (Alternate colors, designs, and even sizes of the bunting pattern piece to create your very own personalized bunting!)
- Open the bias tape and sandwich the top side of the bunting piece (the one that has not been pinked) and pin. Leave 1-4 inches of bias tape between your pieces.
- Sew a straight stitch an 1/8" from the edge of the bias along the bias tape and bunting pieces, removing the pins as you go.
- Clip your threads on either end and hang up your fabulous bunting! We put ours up outside the store for an extra touch!